Risk Profile Questionnaire
November 29, 2020
At least 1 signature is required
Take Risk Survey
1. What is the main goal for your investments?
a) Preserve the assets I currently have
b) Safely generate income from my investments
c) Generate income, while also pursuing capital appreciation
d) Steadily grow my assets
e) Aggressively grow my assets
2. I expect to draw income from my investments in:
a) Less than 1 year
b) 1-4 years
c) 5-10 years
d) 11-20 years
e) Over 20 years
3. Select your current net worth (excluding primary residence):
a) Under 100K
e) Over 3M
4. Please indicate your current annual household income:
a) Under 75,000
5. Please select the most complex investment you have owned, or would be comfortable owning:
a) Money Market/CDs
b) Mutual Funds/ETFs
c) Individual Stocks or Bonds
d) Hard Assets (gold, art, etc)
e) Options, Futures, or Unlisted Securities
6. Which best describes your tolerance to risk?
a) I seek stable investments to preserve my principal
b) I pursue modest increases in my investments, with low risk of loss
c) I aim for investment growth, accepting moderate risk of loss
d) I seek above-average growth in my investments, accepting above-average risk of loss
e) I reach for maximum returns, accepting significant risk of loss
7. This chart shows the potential 1-year risk / return tradeoff of a $100,000 investment. Which would you choose?
8. Imagine that your portfolio lost 30% of its value in 3 days. How concerned would you be?
a) I don't know
b) Very concerned
d) Not very concerned
e) Not concerned, would think about investing more
9. Your portfolio, you plan to hold for 5 years loses 20% in its first year. How do you react?
a) I would go to 100% cash
b) I would consider moving part of my portfolio to cash
c) I would make a decision after speaking with my advisor
d) I wouldn't do anything to my portfolio, but would be concerned
e) I would invest more money into my portfolio
10. The following charts show the potential performance of an investment over 10 years. Which would you choose?
Your survey answers indicate your risk tolerance category is
. You can accept losing
in a market downturn to pursue long-term goals.
Describe your investments (optional)
Enter as many positions as you'd like. We will use this information to run a stress test analysis on your investments.